Wednesday 18 December 2019

Peter and the Wolf WARM-UP

SALLY UP SALLY DOWN CHALLENGE 

To warm up for our Peter and the Wolf rehearsals, we often do the 'Sally up, Sally down Challenge'. There is a song that repeats that line. The aim is to work your muscles and warm up before rehearsals.  There are several versions of this challenge, and the aim is to do the exercise on the 'Sally down' lines, and then when it says, 'Sally up', you rest. Here are some online examples...






We usually do the squat version. I struggled with this challenge the first time we ever did it, as it is a massive test, however I was close to completing it in our most recent lesson. I had one break in the middle of the song, but completed the rest.

THUNDERSTRUCK CHALLENGE

This challenge is very similar, however when the song says, 'Thunder' or 'Thunderstruck', you do a burpee. Pushups are my weakness, which is why I struggle a lot with this challenge. I will continue doing it though, as it is very beneficial for improving my physical wellbeing. Here is an example...



RIHANNA AND EMINEM CHALLENGE

In this exercise, it is the same style again, but with sit ups. When Rihanna sings, you must hold a half sit up position. When Eminem sings, you need to be doing active sit ups and then when it is just instrumental, you can rest. I was able to complete this challenge, as I have a decent level of strength in my core. Here is a similar online version...

No comments:

Post a Comment