Monday 9 December 2019

Peter and the Wolf COSTUME + MAKEUP


Before our lesson in period 6, our makeup artist (Emma Scoble) did her first design for my performance makeup. The intention is to make it look as natural as possible (+ not very complex). We want it to be simple so that the animal characters stand out more. I have some makeup on my cheeks to make me look like I am constantly blushing, and I also have lots on freckles. We chose to have freckles and blusher because we wanted to recreate a 'cheeky' young child (which fits well with the kind of character Peter is, as he squabbles with his grandfather) On the night, the freckles will be much better, as they won't be as large + there is no need for there to be so many. Along with the makeup, we decided my hair would be very simple and would just be pushed to one side. Looking at my full outfit, the plan is to wear a red t-shirt under some denim dungarees. The shoes in the picture below are not the shoes I will be wearing during the performance, as I will be wearing a pair of black converse. The dungarees fit well with the setting in which the play is set, as it is the meadow by the grandfathers house (therefore Peter is willing to get dirty) and the red t-shirt is the standard colourful t-shirt a child would wear. Converse shoes are typical for a young child to wear and are very simple. Along with this, they fit well with the character.





No comments:

Post a Comment