Monday 25 January 2021

Film and TV - rehearsal unit - WEEK 2


We have decided that our episode recreation will be of Cuckoo. This is for the following reasons:
  • Has the perfect cast members
  • Humour doesn't rely on the audience to know the show
  • Gives us more opportunity to make the characters our own
After deciding on Cuckoo, we chose our characters:

Cuckoo: Hugo
Rachel: Emma
Lorna: Amelie
Ken: James
Dylan: Louis
Connie: Silvana
Steve: Tristan

Our extras are:

Zoe: Olivia
Charlie: Alessandro
Kelly: Maddy
Kelly's Husband: James
Toby: Alan
Toby's Girlfriend: Ella


After deciding on playing Dylan, I researched his given and implied circumstances, along with general research into the character.

DYLAN 

"Dylan is a sixteen year old virgin, whose moral code would make Machiavelli feel a bit uneasy. When Dylan surveys the members of his family, he doesn't see people - he sees opportunities to get money, lifts and Chinese takeaway. Dylan couldn’t care less about his sister’s big news but for the fact that disharmony in the family presents new bribing opportunities for him. The one hope for Dylan's black soul is his undying love for Lorna's best friend's daughter, Zoe."

Age: 16

Nationality: English



Given  


Pervert - “Mum, you know the only reason he started lifeguarding was so he could perve on Zoe in her swimming costume.’

Obsessive - I am a lifeguard. I’m guarding her. If I don’t stare at her, she might drown.

Uncool - I am a lifeguard. I’m guarding her. If I don’t stare at her, she might drown.

Short attention span - Let’s cut to the chase. The vote. Rachel will be with Cuckoo, Mum will be with you, so I’m the deciding vote.

Straight talking - Here’s the deal! I give you my vote and you make Zoe come to Rachel’s party on Saturday.

 

Implied 



Stubborn - Here’s the deal! I give you my vote and you make Zoe come to Rachel’s party on Saturday.

Arrogant - So I can make my move.

Manipulative - Here’s the deal! I give you my vote and you make Zoe come to Rachel’s party on Saturday.

Selfish - Here’s the deal! I give you my vote and you make Zoe come to Rachel’s party on Saturday.

Harsh - You are a bit like Hitler, Dad. You actually look like him.

Awkward - Yeah, it can be hard to start a conversation, she swims very fast.

Desperate - Right. Erm… So, yeah, Zoe, I was just thinking that this is a terrible party. Maybe you’d want to go somewhere quieter so we could hang out?

No comments:

Post a Comment